I’ll be leading an #ASNEchat about newsroom training today at 2 p.m. Eastern time, 11 a.m. Pacific.
We’ll discuss a variety of challenges and opportunities in newsroom training during an exciting and volatile time in journalism.
Panelists will be:
- Charles Apple, who trains in design and blogs about The Visual Side of Journalism
- Denise Bridges, who leads newsroom training at the Virginian-Pilot
- Matt DeRienzo, Connecticut group editor for the Journal Register Co.
- Howard Finberg, director of interactive learning at the Poynter Institute, and “dean” (my term, not his formal title) of News University
- Deborah Gump, professional in residence and John Seigenthaler Chair of Excellence in First Amendment Studies at Middle Tennessee State University
- Evelyn Hsu, Media Academy program director at the Maynard Institute
- Robin J. Phillips, web managing editor at the Reynolds Center for Business Journalism
Training is a longtime passion of mine. It’s been at least a part-time pursuit since 1997 and it was my full-time job from 2005 to 2008. Many of my blog posts are handouts for my workshops or supplemental resources related to my training. To promote and supplement today’s chat, I have compiled links to my own training resources as well as other links that might be helpful in planning and delivering newsroom training. (more…)