I have been a keynote speaker on several occasions for journalism conferences, banquets and other events. I have turned the prepared texts of some of my speeches to into blog posts. Let me know if you would like me to adapt all or part of one of these speeches to your group or to address a different topic for your group.
- Upholding and updating journalism ethics
- My Gettysburg oration: A vision for journalism that can long endure
- Embrace discomfort
- For journalists, it was the best of times, it was the worst of times
- You will shape journalism’s future
- Google’s no threat to press freedom (this speech was part of a panel discussion)
- Remarks at Schieffer School’s 2010 Hall of Excellence dinner (again, not a keynote)